I can’t find the original link to this exercise, but what I remember is that this is an “end of the day” writing prompt.
Sometimes I forget that writing doesn’t have to be complex or full of content. Sometimes I forget that I don’t have to feel pressured to write paragraphs or feel bad if I’m not “writing”. We can simply choose one word, and that word can be rich in itself.
Choose a day and set some time at the end of that day to reflect of the following and answer the questions:
- Write a single word that describes the day:
- An adjective perhaps:
- A noun that could describe a moment from the day:
- A verb:
Here’s what I have for the day of 1/20/2017
- Write a single word that describes the day: Aligned
- An adjective perhaps: Unafraid
- A noun that could describe a moment from the day: Hail
- A verb: Discerning